This week in the 2Mar world, on 2 July, we moved into the Melbourne Accelerator Program offices at the University of Melbourne. On our first day of moving into the offices, we had our arm do a victory dance (of sorts). Note that it’s being controlled by an iPad! Check it out here.
We were so excited when we had our arm do that. We were like, “let’s put this on Facebook. It will totally go viral!” It didn’t. But we still think it’s awesome. 🙂
On Monday the 1st of July, the 2Mar team attended the Melbourne Accelerator Program (MAP) Launch Night. This night is designed to allow the teams accepted into MAP to deliver a short introductory pitch about their projects, hear from last year’s cohort as well as a networking opportunity. We started the night with a brief introduction from members of the executive board of MAP. They expressed their support for the entrepreneurial community in Australia and gave some wise words about how they succeeded. Then came the updates from the 2012 cohort, who showcased their successes in their ventures. Last year there were 4 groups chosen:
- VenueMob – A venue booking system which allows the user to access hundred of venues to book for functions.
- Remote Area Power System – Aimed at increasing efficiency of transmission of power to electrical equipment within buildings.
- UniSquare.me – A next generation social system aimed for university students.
- 121cast – An application which personalises radio systems which can read the weather, email, calendar and play music to you.
These projects really expressed how creative and innovative Australians can be.
The current projects are:
- The Price Geek – a price comparison search engine.
- Ebla – a search engine for legal documents.
- Client Catalyst – mobile marketing monitoring system.
- SwatchMate – accurate colour matching.
- 2Mar Robotics – (Us!)
- Cortera Neurotechnologies – small implantable neural scanning device for those that suffer neural diseases.
After an hour of presentations, we adjourned to ferociously chow down on the food provided and to network!
For the video on the whole night, check out this YouTube video!